Re: [Spridgets] A series motor rebuilding books,

To: Hal Faulkner <frog.aye@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] A series motor rebuilding books,
From: Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 08:27:23 -0500
Thanks Hal,

I forgot to mention I have the Haynes book, the MG Sprite Midget Official
Workshop Manual by British Leyland and the Restoring Sprites & Midgets an
enthusiasts guide by Gram Bristow but I was a bit disappointed that
Bristows book had hand sketches and would rather technical drawings instead
but looking at it today it does have worthwhile info.

I see the books you mention here
http://www.amazon.com/Blueprint-Build-4-Cylinder-Short-Block/dp/1874105855#<h
ttp://www.amazon.com/Blueprint-Build-4-Cylinder-Short-Block/dp/1874105855>and
I think they it will be the best or so the look inside feature shows
good info. Is there any difference between the hard cover and the soft cover
books?

Thanks again,

Lin

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 6:55 AM, Hal Faulkner <frog.aye@gmail.com> wrote:

> Linda,
>
> I would recommend starting with some more basic books such as "How to
> Blueprint a 4 Cyl Short block" by Des Hammill and a book such as "The
Engine