[Spridgets] exhaust smell after a drive...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] exhaust smell after a drive...
From: shelden3@pldi.net
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 09:46:24 -0600 (CST)
Hello all.

I've owned and driven two different spridgets and both have always had the
same result.  After a drive I get out smelling like car exhaust. I've
checked the usual suspects, leaks under hood etc.  Now some history:

Both cars have had exhaust installed at same shop
single tube from manifold (3n1 and LCB on other) to glass pack muffler

On both cars they leave the tip right even with the bottom roll pan on the
car, my thought is that air is coming under the car and rolling up the
back and into the cockpit, bringing the exhaust gas with it.

So does this seem plausible?  How far past the back of the car does your
tip extend? I'm thinking if it were a bit longer that maybe it would put
the exhaust tip just beyond the point where the gas gets pulled back into
the cockpit.

I'm at a loss on this one, it isn't running rich or anything.  It is my
wife's only complaint..."we smell like we have been pushing a lawn mower
when we get done driving"...

HELP...
Charlie