Re: [Spridgets] Safety - Seat Belts and Roll Bar Question

To: "Jim F." <jimndi@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Safety - Seat Belts and Roll Bar Question
From: mike rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 17:56:43 -0800
>     On a stupider note, the law in NY requires a windshield wiper but does not
> require a windshield.

 Back in the early 1970's  I got a ticket for driving my 53 Singer with
the windshield folded down.  A attorney friend of my Mom's told me how
to get out of it and IT WORKED.

 The Calif. law at the time stated that all cars must have a "adequate
windshield", I argued that my car did have a adequate windshield, it was
just folded down at the time of the ticket but it was fully functional.

 I was the high school hero for a short while after that, as all the
kids with the Jeeps and Land Cruiser 4x4's drove around town with their
windshields folded down.  They fixed that loophole in the law quite
quickly, I found out later it was already in the process of being fixed
long before my ticket.

  Mike