Re: [Spridgets] Glove box shelf

To: Tracy Drummond <bighealey@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Glove box shelf
From: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 12:17:27 -0400
Tracy Drummond wrote:
> Has anybody out there made a replacement glovebox shelf to replace the
> cardboard ones?

No Parking signs are just right, aluminum and can be bent to the same
lines as the glove box.
Mine just says "no parking on beach" on one of them and think the other
one says "curb your dog" ;)
I have also made them out of 1/4" plywood with wood 1/2 round trim as
the side edges.
If yours is all there and just warped, soak it in warm water for 20
minutes, put it out in the sun with some weight on it and it will dry
back to it's original (or whatever) shape you stack on it.
I did this to a Jaguar XJ6 headliner, it worked like a charm.