Re: [Spridgets] going to England

To: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] going to England
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 18:58:56 -0500
Everywhere David said plus:

McLaren Automotive Ltd. Horsell Common, Woking, Surrey, GU21 4YH

Pilgrimages to:  Abingdon On Thames,  Brooklands Auto Museum, the mews
garage in Alfred Lane ( now Pusey Lane ) - birthplace of the MG.

The Royal Standard Of England Pub, Brindle Lane, Forty Green, Beaconsfield,
Chiltern, HP9
www.rsoe.co.uk

Cheers!!
Jim

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 5:29 PM, David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Mon, 4/6/09, Glen Byrns <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu> wrote: "anything else
> WWII/Brit car nut should include? "
>
> Caterham Cars is south of London (in Caterham, naturally enough).  The
> dealership is a wonderful place with quite a few significant cars in a big
> room out back.  I wrangled a tour of the "factory" one year too - it's in a
> different place, I think Dartford, which is southeast of London. Great
> bunch
> of guys. There's Brands Hatch where you can do all sorts of driving schools
> among other things.  Check the schedule online to see if there's an
> interesting race happening while you're there - the vintage races have LOTS
> of cool cars (even in the parking lot).  There's also Silverstone, I've
> never
> been there but have driven by it many times.  If you're up in Hethel
> territory, the Lotus factory is a very cool place.  There's a shop around
> back
> of the main bldg with books, models, etc. You have to book WAY in advance
> get a tour though. Try now. Beaulie is a must do even if the jumble isn't
> going on - Excellent museum.  I could go on, but it's safe to
>  say there are more gear-head things to do than your understanding wife
> would
> ever allow in one trip.  Enjoy yourself!
> David Booker
> '71 Midget
> Long Island

Cheers!!
Jim
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
not
sure about the former. - Albert Einstein