Re: [Spridgets] Seats and carpet done in '64 Sprite MK II

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Seats and carpet done in '64 Sprite MK II
From: Rick Bastedo <rbastedo@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 19:38:22 -0700
Thanks for your input.
I just used what AHSpares sent me, it was this stuff they call Squab.
They had a piece for each side of the 'ears' and each side was a little over
1 inch thick.
I don't really think that's the reason for the "lumpy" - I think it's more
like this was my first time I ever did anything like this and I didn't have
the best equipment on hand. I'm told that a heat gun or something like that
really helps. I just used my two hands and pulled. In fact I pulled hard
enough to rip the vinyl at one point, had to glue and sew it together.
I figure that I'll be able to make adjustments as the weather warms up.
The seats came out of a 64 Midget MK I. That's correct enough for me.

Rick B.