[Spridgets] brake fluid question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] brake fluid question
From: ryan.kubanoff@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 21:07:58 +0000 (UTC)
I have a 74 with a bad master cylinder thats going to be replaced tomorrow. But
now the question is brake fluid and what to use. I presume that the system has
original or older DOT4 although last month when i noticed the leak in the
resevoir i topped it off with 20ml of DOT3 (i didn't know any better). Today
when I went to pepboys for a quart of DOT4 all they have is the castrol
synthetic slm that "meets or exceeds DOT3 and DOT4 standards". now i have not
seen any more leaking in the past 2 months so i am thinking that my DOT3
addition is still in the master resvoir but?

Advice needed. do i drain the whole system and refill with the new castol
stuff, do i drain just the master and refill with the new castrol, or some
other suggestion.
Thanks
ryan