[Spridgets] Radiators

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Radiators
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 11:35:21 -0700
My '59 was running HOT - 220 +. . . and that with a clean radiator.  I could
never figure it out.  But this is in 100 degree days up here in the summer
time.

My son had a 16 valve Suzuki Swift sitting on the side of the house.  I gave
the car to Larry Miller (list member) as Larry is the guy who already built
the "Bugzuki."  I think the engine will supply him another "Zuki" engine for
another similar project.

I took the radiator out and found that it is pretty much identical to a Geo
Metro unit.  I installed it in my Bugeye with the original electric fan
connected to a thermostat to tell the fan when to turn on and off.

With a blanking sleeve, my car now runs too cool. . . 160 to 170 max, even
while sitting at hot summer stop lights.

I could not be happier with the performance of this radiator.   The funny
thing is that the "Metro" radiator is one row thinner than the Brit design?
  Yet the thing has taken care of my over heating problems.

I also checked the temp directly off the radiator with a remote heat
sensor.  Just runs cool (too cool, I nead to throw a thermostat back in) all
the time.

Kirk
59 BE