Re: [Spridgets] Big Healey question

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Big Healey question
From: Brad Fornal <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 12:50:47 -0500
My thanks to all for the rapid response, but as of yet, I have not looked at
the car, or even gotten a price. Now that I know a SBC (small block Chevy,
Bill) will fit, I need to know what kind of price range I should be
expecting them to ask. That way, if they ask to much, at least I will know
it, and pass along information to others.
If it is a BN2, I would be more tempted to keep it more original. Except to
make the steering better of course...
Once I look at the car, I will post pictures on my new photopail page, and
ask what folks think.
Thank you all again for your rapid replies.

Brad

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Kent McLean <kentmclean@comcast.net>wrote:

> Brad wrote:
> > they bought a 57 Healey, but never did anything with it. IF it is like
> > Spridgets, there may be a chance it is a 56 BN2, just titled for year
> > of sale. If not, how much room is under the bonnet, would a SBC fit?
>
> Some of the Big Healey guys are strong concours supporters. but there is
> a splinter group dedicated to modified Big Healeys.  The SBC should fit
> under the '57 100/6 and under the '56 100 (100/4 for the non-purists).
>
> website: http://www.modifiedhealeys.org/
> 100/6:   http://www.britishv8.org/Other/JimBoles.htm
> 100:     http://www.britishv8.org/Other/RodEvans.htm
>
> --