Re: [Spridgets] Undercoating

To: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Undercoating
From: Kevin Valentine <kevinv1275@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 15:23:16 -0400
On May 7, 2009, at 10:55 AM, Michael Rowe wrote:
> .  It scrubbed off in minutes.  I would not guess that flying grass
> is especially abrasive, but it is like media blasting.

Michael,

I lived in Florida for a year.  One day, while I was mowing the
grass, my wife signaled to me that I needed to answer a phone call.
We lived in the country on a small farm and I turned the idle on the
mower down and went to answer the phone.  About 1/2 hour later I got
back to the mower.  The blade ends were paper thin from all the sand
blasting against them while it was running and the deck had been
etched from the underside.

I sprayed the deck with Rocker Schutz and replaced the blade.  The
Rocker Schutz held up well.......

Kevin V.