When I changed out the smooooth case for a rib case. . I lost functionality
of the speedometer.
Probably the end is not long enough for the rib case.
But like yours. . it also works with an electric drill.
So I took the vari speed cordless drill and wired it up to the tach. I
taped the drill onto the bottom of the car with duct tape. I then
calibrated it so that the drill will run at the correct RPM to give me an
accurate speed indication.
Prior to that I would keep the drill hooked up to the cable inside the car
and use my finger on the trigger to turn it at the correct RPM while looking
at the tach which works.
I must have put a couple thousand miles on the car with my hand on the drill
so that I could see the speedometer working. Then I got the idea to duct
tape the drill to the bottom of the car and run the leads to the tach so
that it works by itself.
These, among other things, are some of the genius methods I have used to
work around little problems with my 59 Frog Aye.
And somebody is going to read this and think that I am actually telling the
59 Frog !
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html