Re: [Spridgets] Thinking out loud

To: "Frank" <spritenut@comcast.net>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Thinking out loud
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 22:50:49 -0400
At the time that the slogan was first thought of (1930-something). MG was to
the sports car world what Porsche was to become to it (the sports car world)
in the 1950s & early 60s.  In the world of high performance, "fast" is
generally a relative term.  The "safety" in Safety Fast had to do with safe,
predictable handling characteristics, which was always an MG trait.
Who made it up?  I'm sure I've read it somewhere (MG by McComb???).  Maybe
Cecil Kimber, maybe someone in the advert department, at Morris Motors,
maybe.....   I need to re-read some of that history, I guess.
Bud Osbourne