Re: [Spridgets] low oil pressure happens to the pressure them.

To: 'Spridgets' <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] low oil pressure happens to the pressure them.
From: soavero@yahoo.com
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 15:28:15 -0700 (PDT)
Leo,
Don't trust drained oil. I've annihilated bearings on the track and NOT seen
it in the oil or filter until you drop the pan (then it's REAL obvious!). I
just did a bearing refresh Wednesday night, it only takes half hour or so with
a cordless drill/nutdriver to drop the pan with everything in place and take a
look (pull the plugs so you can turn the motor easier!). It will likely be rod
bearing #4 that's bad. You'll have to remove the oil pickup screen to check
#4, easy to do. You might even find it is just the fitting is loose on the
pickup tube (15/16" wrench on 1275, anyway), especially if Will Perry at
Rivergate had anything to do with assembling it.

Also, the temp issue certainly didn't help.

Good luck,
Ron