[Spridgets] lean mixture question ??

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] lean mixture question ??
From: "Dave G." <kk7ss@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 21:54:47 -0700
As far as I understand it,
The jets, springs needles and SU's on an A-series motor are
calibrated to the motor *WITH* the air-cleaners attached.
I am checking the engine with the air-cleaners OFF and stock carbs
with AN needles.
I'm encountering leaning-out (carbs spitting back) at steady higher
rpms (with the air-cleaners off.)
Is it possible that the increase in air flow (no filter resistance)
through the carbs is resulting in a leaner than expected mixture.....

Or am I completely on the wrong track.....

--
Dave G.   KK7SS
'65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA

If I wake up in the morning, and I hurt, it means that I'm still
alive !!