Re: [Spridgets] Stock intake manifold...

To: kk7ss@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Stock intake manifold...
From: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 22:40:16 -0400
Dave G. wrote:
> There are three bolt heads on the balance tubre of a stock manifold.
> I'm guessing that the middle one was used for the Gulp valve.
>
> I want to get that one off to use as a take-off for my vacuum
> guage...
>
> I can't shift the sucker!!
Are you talking about the center bolt?
Early cars had a bolt in the threaded hole, later cars just had a force
fit pipe.
That bolt should come out fairly easy, maybe it has some corrosion,
steel bolt, aluminum manifold.
Heat it up with a torch, do mind the carbs as they will have gas in them.
Or try some penetrating oil first.
If it's a pipe, vice grips with a twisting pulling out motion and it
comes out.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ