[Spridgets] was Shell Gasoline, then cables,

To: Jeff Foster <tr3.4.me@gmail.com>
Subject: [Spridgets] was Shell Gasoline, then cables,
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 09:15:04 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Mon, 7/6/09, Jeff Foster <tr3.4.me@gmail.com> wrote:
I was quite surprised how few car guys there was working for a "tier 1
supplier" to the auto industry.

Jeff,
I've been in the automotive aftermarket for 20+ years with various companies
and in different parts of the country.  I find that this part of the industry
has more than its share of gearheads who (like me) began this path at least
partially in hopes of getting parts on the cheap for our toys.  I'm now in New
York City with Standard Motor Products, and there are even quite a few
car-guys here where you may expect them least - not as big a percentage as in
other companies I've been with, but still quite a few.

Unfortunately, we are only a headquarters here in Queens.  Because of that and
the relative lack of gearheads (I'm just guessing here), there really is no
employee-purchase program here to take advantage of.  So much for my grand
plan...

P.S. - We also have "tier 1 supplier" status with Ford & GM but are mostly
aftermarket, which is a very good thing with new car sales what they are right
now.

 - David Booker
'71 Midget
Long Island (but working in Queens)