Re: [Spridgets] engine questions...

To: ryan.kubanoff@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] engine questions...
From: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 23:21:06 -0400
ryan.kubanoff@comcast.net wrote:
> i am driving a stock 1275 '74. on the highway i am concerned to push past 4k
>rpm's for any length of time.
Ryan

The 1275 sweet spot is 4200 rpms, and it will run at that speed all day
long.
4500 is probably 80 mph with a 3.9 which is what you have. It is a bit
fast for all day driving but Ok for short bursts.
The machinist I use knows 1275s and for a couple of 300 bucks, he will
do everything it needs if you supply the parts.
$100 for the head work, you supply the guides, $30 a hole to bore it if
it needs it and he will polish the crank at the shop.
If the crank needs to be cut, he sends it out. He also installs the
pistons on the rods which is another machine shop job unless you have
the oven to heat the rods to remove and replace the pistons.
I also have a couple of spare heads if you want me to drop one off to
him for a head job. Then you can just swap them out.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ