Re: [Spridgets] Outlook Express problems: NO LBC

To: Kent McLean <kentmclean@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Outlook Express problems: NO LBC
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 17:17:01 -0500
Wife won't try Linux...   Windoze addict..    So the desktop is dual boot
with Fedora and Windows XP Pro for her.  I have two hard drives for the
laptop. One with Fedora and the other with Windoze XP Pro. Its an amazing
experience to see the difference in speed and function you get with directly
addressed memory!  I have OpenOffice on all machines. The laptop and desktop
are, I'd guess, about 3 times faster in the Linux boot and they have never
crashed or been nailed with viruses.  Can't say as much for the Windoze and
Windoze apps.

I do almost all of my email through Google's Gmail - otherwise I have
Thunderbird in all configurations and use Firefox exclusively as a browser.
Way more better....   ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Kent McLean <kentmclean@comcast.net> wrote:

> Jim Johnson wrote:
>
>> While you're at it, dump your Windoze OS and upgrade to Linux. THEN
>> install
>> either Thunderbird or Eudora Light.
>>

> There are several distributions that let you run a Live-CD. Put the CD into
> your PC, start the PC, and the PC will boot into Linux. You can play around
> with it before you decide it's the way to go. It includes (free)
> OpenOffice,
> which lets you open/create MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint compatible
> documents.
>
> I've been running Ubuntu's version for a few years now. It keeps getting
> better
> with every release (which can't be said of Windows).
>
> Try it. You might like it.  <http://www.ubuntu.com/>
>
> --
> Kent McLean
> '56 100 BN2

Cheers!!
Jim
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
not
sure about the former. - Albert Einstein