Re: [Spridgets] How to piss of a Ferrari Owner

To: corvallis@peoplepc.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] How to piss of a Ferrari Owner
From: Jeff Foster <tr3.4.me@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 15:00:51 -0500
On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 1:56 PM, <corvallis@peoplepc.com> wrote:
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ferrari_330_gtc.jpg
>
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:MHV_Simca_1200_Coup%C3%A9_02.jpg

I can see the _slight_ resemblance.

> Well, some Ferrari owners need to be taken down a notch on a regular basis;
> builds character. .bill in Oregon

I almost did that once - quite unintentionally.  And coincendtaly I
believe it was a Ferrari 330 as well!  Surely would have upset him if
it wasn't for how it played out.

This gentleman I'd met somewhat recently while admiring his lawn
ornaments (several old Jags, Porsche, Fiats, Opels, a Manx buggy, an
Alfa, and various domestics) had taken me into his barn to show me his
"prize".  While outside the yard was filled with rotting cars, just
inside the main door was an almost perfect 64 XKE that I began to
drool over.

"No, that's not it, lets move toward the back of thebuilding."

Literally climbing over a fairly nice Chrysler 300 Hemi with a cat
sitting on top I paused to look at a coupe of early Rolls-Royces, late
20's and early 30's vintage.

"No, that's not it either, but I've got one just like that in the back
corner thats perfect and has been featured on the cover of the Rolls
quarterly magazine several years ago.  Let's keep moving, it's by the
back wall another row over."

Climbed along the bumper of a very nice Packard to make it over
another row and stopped to look at an older Jag saloon and then walked
past him in full admiration of a beautiful Lagonda coupe.  I was
awestruck and loooked it all over while asking questions here and
there.  He sat down on the trunk of another Chrysler, smiling from ear
to ear and said I'm the first one he'd had in there that even knew
what the Lagonda was.

We talked about the car and it's history for a few minutes and then he
said "I still can't believe it."

What?

The car I brought you in here to see, my real prize, is the one you've
got your back to and haven't even noticed!

I turned around and was surprised to find the Ferrari.