Re: [Spridgets] Chicks dig it!

To: ron soave <soavero@yahoo.com>, spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Chicks dig it!
From: brian S <bugeye15@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:22:59 -0400
Yeah,

The car definitely has it.
Friday night I was taking my 15 yr old son to a friend's Sweet 16 party.
Enroute a BIG 4x4 pulls along side girl starts taking pictures. We wave.
Get to the party, and all the girls are looking and waving,
Wow, what IS that?? That's SOOOOO cool. etc, BIG grin on my sons face.
After I drop him off, I head down to the local cruise spot to see if
anything's
going on. Weather's not so good, only about 50 cars there.
Usually almost all big engined Muscle cars, Rat Rods, late model Mustangs,
Vettes,
alot of 50's stuff too. Good weather brings 200+ cars.
AS soon as I park, constant crowd gathers around the car for the 2 hours I'm
there.
 Kids LOVE it, I let a few sit in it. Why not? HUGE smiles.
Lots of questions,
"Is that a 2 cylinder??
Is that a lawnmower engine?
Is that a kit car?
What does it want to be when it grows up??, etc "
Lots of I had one of those or an MGA or B or Midget.
Most had to look at the badge on the front to tell what it was, Very few
know.
Tons of people take it's picture. Definite crowd favorite.
Talked with Dave B for a long time. After you left, Dave, and I was about to,
Guys walks straight up to me and says "I've never seen another one here on
Long Island!"
Out of 2+ million people you think there'd be more, but I have seen very few
either.
His grandfather had given him one for his high school graduation 10 years
ago.
Seeing mine has prompted him to fix his brakes and get it on the road.
maybe for the Vanderbilt show next month. (His Dad had the Opel GT Dave)
Talked for a while with him and a guy with an Innocenti Mini, (he knows of you
Jay)
Nice car, he's working on a Mini pickup for next year, with a 1300 injected
turbo Metro motor,
thinks 160 HP, scary.

Sunday morning I take my middle son to the beach for the weekly Sunday early
am cruise in.
Nice day 150+ cars at 7 am. Not many Rat rods, wider mix of cars.
Park behind a Ferrari F430. Seemed to be a nice guy.
More people looked under my bonnet than his, don't think he was mad.....

The car definitely has it.

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!

> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: [Spridgets] Chicks dig it!
>
> Came out of the gym tonight to find a herd of Girl around the Bugeye taking
pictures of the car. They were sending the pics to their boyfriends, of
course.

> At the car's still got it,
> Ron

NEW mobile Hotmail. Optimized for YOUR phone.  Click here.
http://windowslive.com/Mobile?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_CS_MB_new_hotmail_072009