Re: [Spridgets] Engine Breathing

To: <jmfarley61@gmail.com>, spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Engine Breathing
From: Bill Masquelier <billmasq@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 15:22:10 -0700
You have precisely what I would recommend, when the engine is idling then the
PCV pulls the air and at higher revs the aircleaners pull the air (vacuum).
You should have minimal oil leakage and the carburation should have no
problem.
BillM

> Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:22:54 -0400
> From: jmfarley61@gmail.com
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: [Spridgets] Engine Breathing
>
> I have a rebuilt 1275 in my bugeye and am looking for some engine breathing
> guidance.  I have a stock Smiths "pancake" P.C.V. valve mounted above and
> feeding into the SU carbs'. intake manifold.  I am feeding into that valve
> via. a hose from the timing cover "can".  The valver cover that is
installed
> also has an outlet tube that I was feeding via. a hose into the front stock
> air cleaner.  I am using a metal oil filter cap with the cable.  (The
repair
> manual also mentions a vented cap).
>
> With the valve cover outlet tube open to the air cleaner, I was concerned
> that the P.C.V. valve might not be working correctly.  I decided to plug
the
> valve cover outlet tube as a test.  The RPMs dropped about 200 as expected.
> I then re-adjusted the idle.  The engine now seems to be running slightly
> better at both idle and at speed.
>
> I was wondering what other folks were doing?
>
> Thanks,  John

Windows Live Hotmail.: Search, add, and share the webs latest sports videos.
Check it out.
http://www.windowslive.com/Online/Hotmail/Campaign/QuickAdd?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL
_QA_HM_sports_videos_072009&cat=sports