Re: [Spridgets] Head switch

To: MIchael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>, spridgets list
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Head switch
From: brian S <bugeye15@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 17:14:42 -0400
Naaah Mike,

You don't want to use that lil 1098.
You want a 1275.
If you want I'll drag the 1098 away for ya....
:-)
I have a worked up 1275 12g940 head,
 but you'd probably need to use dished pistons with it,
 as it's been shaved and reportedly would give you a 12.5:1 CR with flatops.
AS far as the shelving project, I get that response too for some projects too,
LOL.
Good Job!!

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!

> Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 09:43:43 -0400
> From: mdrowe@optonline.net
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: [Spridgets] Head switch
>
> >From Craig's List:
> >1098 block has been replaced with a 1275.  Have the 1275 head but my
> >1098 head was re-seated and valved so I had the water ports redrilled
> >and run it on the 1275 block.,
>
> I have a 1098 engine  that I am told had a lot of head work by some famous
builder years ago.  Does this switch make any sense?  The 1098 engine has a
hot cam and maybe some other goodies as well, so maybe it is best to use it
as-is?

> I just completed the most onerous job known to man - emptying my basement.
The floor is subject to hurricane tides, so I took everything out, put in six
2'x8' shelves against the walls, sorted the BE parts by type (duplicates of
duplicates, condition unknown), and put it all back.  I was hoping to get
points from my wife, but all I got was, "It's about time!"

> Michael Rowe
> '74 Midget
> '60 Sprite kit
> Long Island, NY

Windows Live SkyDrive: Store, access, and share your photos. See how.
http://windowslive.com/Online/SkyDrive?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_CS_SD_photos_072009