Re: [Spridgets] Hinge post

To: "Jim F." <jimndi@frontiernet.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Hinge post
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 13:39:47 -0400
Jim,
I've done several, with the last one being about five years ago.  Always had
pretty good results, but, the next time I'm simply going to replace the
entire post assembly from the original seam location (right around the
opening for the windshield post, as I recall), in conjunction with a new
outer sill (if the bottom of the post is bad, the sill isn't far behind).
This way, I can pre-assemble the sill with the door post and (if needed) the
rear fender, and have the original type seams.  Also, I can rust-proof the
entire assembly before installation.
Bud Osbourne