Re: [Spridgets] 1500 Tuning Questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, Richard Ball <richb@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 1500 Tuning Questions
From: <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:04:22 -0700
Richard,

I found that with the smog kit removed I had to advance the timing
significantly although I do not recall the degrees.

Also  beware of excess crankcase pressure in these little 1500s.  I had the
dipstick leaking horrably at higher RPMs.  I vented through the fuel pump
blanking plate to a tee to the valve cover where it met the air cleaner.

I used a Weber 32/36 and maniforld with great success from Pierce Manifolds.

Hope that helps.

Tracy