[Spridgets] Guess your age, Guess your Weight

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Guess your age, Guess your Weight
From: Tim Collins <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:45:53 -0400
Maybe it's because it is County Fair season that I began thinking
about the weight of my Sprite (remember the carnival guy who guesses
your weight?). Anyhow, I went and had my Sprite weighted today on a
State of Michigan certified scale. My 1966 weighed in at 1580 pounds
with a half a tank of gas, spare tire-wire wheel, the convertible
top, a few pounds of tools (2 or 3 Lbs) and a blanket in the trunk. I
was out of the car during the weighing. I believe this agrees with
the weight printed on the title. I think Spridget books list the
"dry" weight somewhere around 1420 or so. In Michigan this age and
weight combination puts the car in the lowest license plate fee category.

Tim Collins
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12702006@N07/