Re: [Spridgets] interesting tag attached to Vin Plate on Bugeye

To: "'ldsp'" <60bugeye@cebridge.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] interesting tag attached to Vin Plate on Bugeye
From: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@att.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 22:53:45 -0700
Leo, my original 61 has the same tag it reads BMC61, there is another 61
down the street and it also has the same tag. By the vin number my car was
made around the 4th of July in 1960. I assume these tags were on bug-I's
meant to be sold in 61 in the states.
                Crash

On my new bugeye project I found an unusal tag undsr one screw that holds on
the vin platem  it read BMC-6 and is about an inch long and is made of a
medium weight plastic type material.  Hnder it was a patch of original paint
the same shape of it so obviously it has been there a long tome.  Has
anybody
else ever seen one of these on their car?

Leo