Re: [Spridgets] Gauge issues

To: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Gauge issues
From: Jim Proefrock <proefrock@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:43:09 -0500
On Aug 17, 2009, at 2:02 PM, Frank wrote:

> The tach probably has a dirty ground, I have seen this a few times.
> Since they only ground via the thumb screw that holds it in, a new
> (extra) ground from the body of the tach to a screw in the body
> does wonders.

And, if proper grounding *doesn't* work, it'll continue to read
erratically, work for a while, quit for a while, then work again, for
an indefinite period of time, then eventually fail completely. At
least that's what mine did ('72 Midget). I got a used tach from the
parts stash of one of our list members (thanks again, Monty!) that
works perfectly. They also show up from time to time on eBay. Just
make sure you match the numbers on the face to get the correct
replacement, should you need one.

Jim