Re: [Spridgets] fire extinguisher?

To: "David Lieb" <72spridget@gmail.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] fire extinguisher?
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 22:46:22 -0400
To each his own.

Imagine a little black box with 4 wires.
Hot lead from the ignition on,  ground, a lead to fuel pump, and a lead to the
coil.

Hooking up an oil pressure switch on an early car is not so easy.  On a bugeye
we have the thin pipe from the block that goes to the mechanical oil pressure
gauge.
I don't want to mess with that.

Even if I were going to do it with a pressure switch then I would want to have
it
with a relay as well, which makes it just as complex from a wiring point of
view.

Of course it's helps if we know what to put in the theoretical black box...
I think it would be called a "missing pulse detector" in Forrest Mims' parlance.

Google it..