Re: [Spridgets] sir Harry Lauder's song and British cars meet

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] sir Harry Lauder's song and British cars meet
From: "JLC" <breton48@live.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 09:20:40 -0600
Dave G. wrote...
As with Sir Harry Lauders' "Keep right on to the end of the road"
Written by him in 1917 to memorialise the death oh his son at Poizer,
France, it is still one of my favorite WW2 songs..

I only knew "Keep right on to the end of the road" as the Birmingham City
Football club "anthem"! I never realized the deeper meaning of that song.
Where is Poizer in France? Never heard of that place, and a google search
came empty.

Now back to LBCs: Yesterday I drove my Lotus 7 to the 2009 Colorado English
Motoring Conclave at Oak Park, Arvada, near Denver. They were expecting 600
cars, and I think there might have been that many, no doubt helped with
gorgeous and not too hot (78 F) sunny weather. Quite a few Spridgets, of
course, including a 1960 Bugeye "race car" which definitely caught my eye -
it looked like a very clean, original Bugeye with just enough mods to pass
the tech inspection. There was a a bike section, and it was nice to see a
Scott, Two Vincents, and a Brough superior. Only one BSA (a Starfire 250 cc)
displayed, which surprised me, and many Triumphs, which did  not.

JLC in Colorado Springs