Re: [Spridgets] Question about Calif. defunct British Car dealers

To: <corvallis@peoplepc.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Question about Calif. defunct British Car dealers
From: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 12:03:36 -0700
And who was the big sports car dealer on the north side of Chicago in the
late '50s/ early '60s? He had Studebaker, Mercedes, Jaguar, MG, Austin
Healey, Triumph, and a bunch of used Alfas and Morgans.
I remember sitting in the showroom in a brand new '62 Sprite and imagining
that I'd be able to save enough to buy one by the time I was seventeen.
I was somehow off by 32 years, and my math hasn't improved much since then.
BTW, I do remember discovering in the early '80s that Sears still had Vespa
parts, and that the prices had hardly gone up since they were new.
BZ