Re: [Spridgets] Sebring Sprite on eBay

To: "'spridgets list'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Sebring Sprite on eBay
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wmseverin@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:09:36 -0500
I've held off from commenting on this one... but if the documentation is
valid, it is certainly a Holy Grail of Sprites.

I'd expected a price north of $150,000.

An original un-restored, documented race car, especially one that competed
at the highest levels of an international event is the ultimate rarity. This
one is the next best thing in that it was freshened up by the principals.
Something similar restored today is likely to have lots of reproduction or
incorrect crap on it, Chinese steel, modern paints, put together by some
goober... whatever.

This is a unique car, and worth every penny of the price it's fetching. It
is rare for something made of "unobtanium" to become obtainable. If you've
got that kind of dough, buy it.