Re: [Spridgets] Update and advice on parts

To: Matt Hagopian <mhagopian@hoppetool.com>, Spridgets
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Update and advice on parts
From: David Lieb <72spridget@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:44:47 -0500
Matt,
Frontline Spridgets in England do a double-bearing hub.
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/frontline/rearsus.htm . I did not say it was
cheap.

As far as oil for the LSD, it would depend on the LSD. I recommend
going to the manufacturer.

The 5-speed is likely to get you barred from a number of racing
venues, at least if you start to win (no one really cares what you
have unless you start winning).

Speedwell engineering have a nice aluminum radiator
speedwellengineering.com/miscpage.html
as does Ron David www.rondavisradiators.com/

You might look into the pressure plate from the Datsun 210. Any decent
machine shop can re-drill your flywheel for it and you can then use
actual Datsun clutch disks. They are a larger diameter than the
Spridget units and offer better clamping. I imagine someone makes  a
competition clutch assembly for the 510 that might fit (no idea
really). I would be looking towards Datsun/Nissan in order to match
the splines of the transmission.
David L