Re: [Spridgets] Wheels off

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Wheels off
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 15:29:45 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Sat, 9/26/09, Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Surely we can't check all the spokes for true!

We're not going to check everything by any stretch. There will be a touring
tech sheet for driver to self-check along with a few cursory checks that our
"scrutineers" will look at (visual for massive leaks, verify there's brake
fluid in the reservoir, verify brake lights work) to make sure no one hurts
anyone else! Even during the VSCDA annual tech, there are almost no actual
checks other than visuals to verify safety equipment is present. Driver/owner
has complete responsibility for the functioning of the car.

Ron