Re: [Spridgets] Was: California Ammunition Restrictions NO

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Was: California Ammunition Restrictions NO
From: "David Riker" <davriker@nwi.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 22:53:23 -0700
Why is health care a right?  Isn't food more important than health care, yet
the government won't provide me with food. What about shelter?  Isn't
shelter more important than health care?  Without proper shelter won't I be
prone to getting sick?  Then shouldn't the government provide me with a
house?  And if they do, shouldn't all houses be equal?  I think I want one
just like the movie star has, you know, the 10,000 square foot home in
Malibu beach, because housing should be a right, not a privilege....

BS!  Health care is a LUXURY.  Those who earn more can afford more, and
should be entitled to buy more.  The basic laws of survival are that you
work to provide yourself and your dependants with food, shelter, health
care, and then luxuries.  The problem, is we have many people who could
afford health care; who are unwilling to sacrifice cars, TVs, dishwashers,
telephones, and other luxury items to pay for their health care.

The only publicly funded health care should be for those who CAN NOT provide
it for themselves, ie, mentally ill, handicapped, orphans, and the like.
People who are now, or have been able bodied should pay for their own
insurance to cover today and the future.

David Riker