Re: [Spridgets] The Run-offs

To: "fastvee" <fastvee@yahoo.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Ron
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] The Run-offs
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 17:21:02 -0500
From: "fastvee" <fastvee@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 12:12 PM
To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>; "Ron Soave" <soavero@yahoo.com>

> I have to say that when Road America has been discussed on this list I
> thought
> it was mostly hype, just as  we like to brag about driving Watkins Glen or
> Lime Rock.  I was wrong! This is the finest road racing facility I've been
> to,
> and we enjoyed everything about it. I very much look forward to getting
> back
> there with my race car. A very challenging track with an extensive
> history,
> lots of great viewing areas, many concession stands with some of the best
> track food, friendly staff, and I have never seen such interest by the
> local
> people. It is a knowledgeable racing community for sure. Yes it was good
> finally meet Ron and have some time to talk. Hopefully he will show me
> some of
> the fine points of driving this track one day, and he now knows how
> jealous I
> am that he gets to drive here all the time. I don't want to ramble too
> much,
> but I believe this is an excellent venue for the 50th Midget celebration.
> Now
> if we could only get a vintage race group
> to share the track for that weekend all will be perfect in my world. I was
> busy for 10 days and unfortunately didn't get to meet up with Roger
> Cotting,
> but then I never found where some of our competitors were paddocked
> either.
> I've never seen a track with 9 different paddock areas and I had to share
> golf cart with three others. BTW the driver I was helping, Dean Curtis
> from
> East Stroudsburg, PA,  did great to finish 9th in a 44 car Formula Vee
> field.
> One thing on my list didn't get done. I couldn't talk Dean into towing his
> trailer into Chicago for some of that pizza y'all rave about. Next time!
> Now I must return to a massive overload of work.
> John
> Fogelsville, PA
=====================

John, glad you liked our local track.  While I have only been to a half
dozen or so others, I must say that I agree with you.  Wait till you drive
it.  I have never been on another track that is always maintained to
perfection.  Never any excuses.

Mario Andretti calls RA his favorite track in the whole world.  An
endorsement like that from a guy who has raced at every world-class track
there is says it all.

Any of you guys hesitating to come to the Midget 50th need to get your
priorities straight and be there.  You will not be disappointed.

Larry

P.S. John, you could do worse than having Ron tutor you on the track.  He
has really been coming around as a driver.  Ron, now don't get a big head.
;-))