Re: [Spridgets] 7/16 wheel studs

To: "Frank" <spritenut@comcast.net>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 7/16 wheel studs
From: "Paul Asgeirsson" <PAsgeirsson@att.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 21:21:40 -0700
I do a fair amount of enlargeing the old holes and putting in new holes for
4 on 4 1/2 pattern wheels.

You don't put any splines in the holes.  That occurs when you press in the
larger studs in the enlarged holes.  But that's not all!  The heads on the
bigger studs need to have a machined area that matches its back side.

OTOH, I think I have a set of the chromed lug nuts for aluminum wheels.  The
come with the correct Spridget internal threads.  If washers too are needed,
I have those.

Later, Paul A

Later, Paul A