Re: [Spridgets] Brake Fade

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Brake Fade
From: chris_west <chris_west@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 10:16:05 -0400
Kirk Hargreaves wrote:
Could a very small leak on the passenger side rear brake cause this much
loss of pressure?  I have lived with the leak for a good two years
without
any brake fade until now.  When I top off the brake fluid there is only a
small amount of fluid needed to top off the system suggesting that the
leak
is still extremely minor.
Kirk - If brake fluid is escaping from the system, air must be entering
at the same place, as the pressure exerted by the master cylinder is
replaced by the suction created by the master cylinder returning to its
"resting" position.  IOW fluid "out" is followed by air "in" at the same
point in the system.  Fix the leak, bleed the system fully (paying
attention to the rear brake adjustment as noted elsewhere) and you should
have a good, hard and consistent pedal with no pumping needed to stop the
car.  -  Chris
Liberty University Online
Earn a bachelors degree online in Nursing. Get free info now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=n2wwZVr8ZCfMbHDKayg7swAAJ1BXoFCg_GoYpsOBXA-_r2I8AAQAAAAFAAAAADMzcz4AAAMlAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABSGmAAAAAA=