Re: [Spridgets] Top Gear in America's redneck country

To: Spridgets net <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Top Gear in America's redneck country
From: Larry Macy <lmacy@phillymgclub.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 20:27:53 -0400
Jimmy's Sprite is currently hosted at the British Motor Museum in Builie (sp).
They had a Top Gear tent set up that contained the cars from the "Make it
Float", "Make a Limo" (including an MGF stretch with bowling alley) and
"Double Decker Racing" (Steering on top, pedals on bottom) shows. Outside the
tent was the Sprite. Having just been astounded buy the price for the Sebring
Racer I planned on getting a shot of the Sprite with the sign for the price
(all the other cars were for sale for 2.3 million pounds) But it was listed as
"Not For Sale"

I'll be posting some pics of my trip to England in a few days so all can have
fun. Was a fast trip to spend time with Best Man Reggie and his bride. No
traveling around the country. Well Except that big pile of rocks near
Salisbury.

Larry

On Oct 6, 2009, at 1:47 PM, WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com wrote:

> He recently became a Spridget owner and didn't slag the car off even though
> it stuck in 3rd gear or something.  On the other hand he's too ignorant to
> know that possibly some of those Morris Marina's the programme destroyed
> might  have yielded a spare inline A-series engine.
>
> Weslake-Monza 1330

> dlh2001@comcast.net writes:
>
> If I met  up with Jeremy Clarkson,
>> would I buy him a beer or beat him to death  with a baseball bat?"

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
lmacy@phillymgclub.com
Board Member at Large
Philadelphia MG Club

safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to skid in sideways,
Margaritas in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!".