Re: [Spridgets] Tire Ramblings

To: <davriker@nwi.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Tire Ramblings
From: vincent diorio <vdiorio@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 18:55:31 +0000
First of all, thanx to all that helped me in the past.  Question:  what modern
size tire will fit a square fender 66 midget with wires?  I want to know
before I buy the tubes and rubbers.

> From: davriker@nwi.net
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 19:34:07 -0700
> Subject: [Spridgets] Tire Ramblings
>
> I wanted to pass on a positive Tire ownership experience. Wayyyy back in
> 2002, I bought a set of Pirelli tires at Discount Tire for my Ford Torino,
> and paid for the lifetime tire warantee. Well the car gets driven very
> little, so after 7 years it had amassed only about17,000 miles. Due to age,
> the tires had some pretty bad weather checking on the sidewalls. I had
> moved two years ago, so I had little hope that the Washington Discount Tire
> would cover the warantee from the California Discount Tire. After all, it
> had been 7 years, I had replaced the odometer, and I have not used their
> rotation services. I was extremely surprised. The manager was new, so he
> made one phone call, and was shocked himself. The warantee paid to replace
> all four tires at 100%, no questions asked. I had to pay for the sales tax
> and a new warantee, so it cost me a total of $100 bucks. At retail, that
> was about $600 worth of new tires. And they had them in stock, installed
> while I waited.
>
> The tires I have on the Midget I bought at Les Schuab. I also have the tire
> warantee on them. They rebalance them for no charge, yes, it is a royal
> pain, as I have to coach them on how to do it. They also repair the flats,
> even though they are in tubes on wire wheels, at no charge, unless they need
> a new tube, then I've had to pay for the tube only. They have no problem
> with their tubes in tubeless tires. Their Toyo tires seem to ride, wear,
> and handle suitably for my driving use. When I have bought tires for the
> Midget there, I always ask for the manager, and he either has a more senior
> tire mechanic mount and balance them, or does it himself. They use the mag
> wheel machine, and I've never had them damage the spokes if I've taken that
> precaution.
> David Riker

Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsofts powerful SPAM protection.
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/