[Spridgets] Barry King Wishbones

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Barry King Wishbones
From: David Lieb <72spridget@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 09:55:56 -0500
Some of you might be familiar with the Barry King Premier wishbones.
These are NOT re-manufactured, they are new pressings with re-designed
bushings and fulcrum pin. There was a discussion on them recently on
the MGCars.org site with reference to their use with the Frontline
shock kits at http://tinyurl.com/ykgqnld or
http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgbbs&mode=thread&access=&subj
ect=97&source=T&thread=2009102015391919533
with pictures of the wishbones. Knowing that every time I have
acquired a Midget, I have had to replace the wishbones, I was thinking
of getting some of these, although they are understandably expensive
at around $265 a pair (IIRC) plus shipping, customs, currency
conversion, etc. I emailed Barry yesterday and here is his reply:
>>> Hi David,
Thanks for your inquiry. As you have probably seen there have been
some posts on the MGbbs forum recently with some photos that should
answer your construction questions (dl, see link above), but the main
difference is the greasing system which is via a lubrication scroll in
the bushes thereby eliminating the vicious grease groove in the
fulcrum pin which eventually cuts the threaded bush and the solid pin
that prevents distortion during the hardening process. We do send to
the States but it costs us around #65 per pair; we use royal mail
because we don't sell enough to the States to command an account with
the international couriers. I am prepared to send the pans anywhere
and have done so in the past recently to the USA, South Africa,
Norway, Holland, Denmark and Australia, but we do lose some sales
because of the high freight costs, but please let me know your
requirements and we can see what we can come up with, the best option
for you would be find someone perhaps buying other classic car parts
by container load and we could get them to the departure point, in the
meantime I will make some inquiries.

ISTR that someone was recently discussing a container from England,
but I assume it is too late by now. Is anyone interested in a group
buy?
David L