[Spridgets] Speaking of wheel cylinders...

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Speaking of wheel cylinders...
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 22:54:40 -0400
Anybody out there who has converted a Bugeye to the later rear brakes with dual
acting cylinders?

I ran into a minor issue when I did this.

Basically when I was done swaping everythng over, the drums were locked up.
This was caused by the drums contacting
the backing plates.  I think the step on the nose of the axle housings is
machined differently between the different years.
The doner axle in this case was a 74' with steel wheels.

I thought I might have missed something but I checked the manual and everything
was put together correctly.
My resolution was to throw the drums on the lathe and remove about .020 from
the back edge.

I also notice that the axle flanges get pretty darn close to the wheel
cylinders in this setup.