Re: [Spridgets] Will 1972 Chevrolet Vega GT wheel's fit my 62

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Will 1972 Chevrolet Vega GT wheel's fit my 62
From: David Lieb <72spridget@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 10:46:32 -0500
> The bolt pattern is the same, but to use the Vega wheels, you need to go to
> the larger wheel stud, and you will need to roll the fender lip.  Someone
> who's done it can better describe.  Involves a baseball bat and some
patient
> massaging to gently fold the fender lip up.

Actually, you don't NEED the larger studs, just larger lugnuts. They
work fine with the 13/16" lugnuts that generally come with the Minator
wheels. Do NOT try to use them with the 11/16" lugnuts, they tend to
pull through. OTOH, it does make a good reason to convert to the
larger studs.

Not sure why you would need to roll the fenders unless you were going
to use 175 or 185 tires, but then, why else would you want to use
these rims? ;-)

I use a set of these with 185/60R13 Spec Racer Ford tires for
autocrossing my 1972 RWA. A panhard rod or similar means of
restricting lateral motion is recommended in this scenario.
David L