Re: [Spridgets] 1978 Midget Clutch Issue

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, jjkan5@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 1978 Midget Clutch Issue
From: Rich Hill <richard.hill@sri.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 10:56:01 -0800
Is the pivot pin for the release lever present?  It's a large pin
that's held into the bell housing by some spring clips and inserted
from the bottom (!!).  Inevitably, the spring clips (more like
wrinkled bits of spring steel) get old, lose their springiness, and
the pin drops out onto the road...  The clutch still works fine but
there's definitely more slop in the system once the pin is gone.

Rich Hill
'79 MG Midget
'58 AH Sprite