Re: [Spridgets] Brake conversion problem

To: Joe Lansing <kidjoevid@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Brake conversion problem
From: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 13:23:05 -0500
Joe Lansing wrote:
> I have converted my 62 sprite to disk brakes up front. I also had a 3/4 bore
>master cyl. rebored/rebuilt and I put it in. I cannot get the system to bleed
>all the air off entirely. I get firm pedal after 3-4 strokes, but it won't
>hold. I have done each wheel cyl. 3-4 times.
>
> Is there a trick to doing the disk brakes? I thought I read somewhere that
>they were difficult. Did I install them wrong? The bleeders are at
>bottom...any ideas, help, resources?

Did you mix up the master cylinder push rods from brake to clutch bore?
The brake side rod, at the master, may need to be adjusted.
Making it longer may solve your problem but be warned, if it's too long,
it will block the return hole in the master and the brake pedal will be
hard as a rock and at the top.
The brakes will be locked up too.
Unscrew the lock nut on the rod, turn the rod (3/8" wrench) 1 full turn
and try it again.
Mark the rod with pencil or something so you know how many turns or
flats you moved it.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ