Re: [Spridgets] alternator replacement suggestions?

To: ryan.kubanoff@comcast.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] alternator replacement suggestions?
From: WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 18:55:06 EST
It just depends on whether you want the best or the cheapest?  In 93  Frank
had a really neat small alternator on his Green Sprite that looked the
part.  Not long after I bought something similar for my Sprite and it  weighs
less than a standad Lucas ACR, is built for racing and has more output  than
my Sprite needs even with 160W main beam headlight bulbs.  More recent
trips to the USA I've seen alternators that look as if they'd come from a truck

though given the size of the average american car compared to a british car
they  are probably automotive in origin.

Weslake-Monza 1330

dlh2001@comcast.net writes:

My  alternator is beginning to give up the ghost. What are your
suggestions? try  finding a lucas replacement or try a modern