Re: [Spridgets] Not even a little bit of LBC content

To: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Not even a little bit of LBC content
From: Jay Fishbein <jfishbein@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 06:16:46 -0800 (PST)
This is why, every so often I think of this story:

The Mexican fisherman
An American investment banker was at the pier of a small coastal Mexican
village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small
boat were several large yellow fin tuna. The American complimented the Mexican
on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took to catch them.

The Mexican replied, "only a little while."

The American then asked why didn't he stay out longer and catch more fish?

The Mexican said he had enough to support his family's immediate needs.

The American then asked, "but what do you do with the rest of your time?"

The Mexican fisherman said, "I sleep late, fish a little, play with my
children, take siesta with my wife, Maria, stroll into the village each
evening where I sip wine and play guitar with my amigos, I have a full and
busy life."

The American scoffed, "I am a Harvard MBA and could help you. You should spend
more time fishing and with the proceeds, buy a bigger boat with the proceeds
from the bigger boat you could buy several boats, eventually you would have a
fleet of fishing boats. Instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would
sell directly to the processor, eventually opening your own cannery. You would
control the product, processing and distribution. You would need to leave this
small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City, then LA and eventually
NYC where you will run your expanding enterprise."

The Mexican fisherman asked, "But, how long will this all take?"

To which the American replied, "15-20 years."

"But what then?"

The American laughed and said that's the best part. "When the time is right
you would announce an IPO and sell your company stock to the public and become
very rich, you would make millions."

"Millions.. Then what?"

The American said, "Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing
village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take
siesta with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could
sip wine and play your guitar with your amigos."