Re: [Spridgets] COMPRESSION

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] COMPRESSION
From: David Lieb <72spridget@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 08:38:10 -0600
>     While I don't KNOW much, I would think that a compression check
>     would only tell you that the rings/piston are good. what you need
>     to know is compression VOLUME .. from the bottom of the stroke to
>     the top, added to the volume of the head. .. That is you should
>     be  looking at volume difference caused by the movement of the
>     piston, not how well it seals.

A compression test would give you some interesting, useful, but
inconclusive evidence.
I know some race groups do some they call "pumping" the engine which
can find things like that, but I do not know what all is entailed,
although I understand it is non-destructive. Anybody know more about
it?
David L