Re: [Spridgets] Spridgets Digest, Vol 31, Issue 64

To: "JLC" <breton48@live.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Spridgets Digest, Vol 31, Issue 64
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 22:18:04 -0600
From: "JLC" <breton48@live.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 9:18 PM
To: "'Larry Daniels'" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>; <spridgets@autox.team.net>

Larry D. wrote:
Too bad he didn't think of turning the key off.  Duh.  [Lexus accident]

I read about the accident in the San Diego Union Tribune while I was in that
town last week.  My first thought was the same, and I was surprised someone
supposedly highly trained could not stop the car... but... it seems the only
means to stop the engine on the Lexus is to press continuously the
start/stop button for three seconds. Apparently it can also be quite
difficult to engage neutral while driving, there is the mat problem, and if
I remember correctly, the paper mentioned other possible problems such as
brakes and engine management. Sad loss of life in any case.

JLC

====================

Jacques, don't overestimate the driving ability of the police.  I did that
job for 10 years and can tell you that the huge majority of them can't drive
worth a sh_t.  I even recall having a driving instructor from G. M. come
teach us.  He sucked, too.  A complete joke.

Sorry, but that myth that cops can drive better than most of the general
public is pure BS.  In fact, the biggest cause of police deaths is traffic
accidents.  If they really want to cut down the number of police deaths,
they need to spend more time teaching them how to drive, not how to shoot.
(Although, a good share of them can't shoot worth a damn, either.)

LAD