[Spridgets] Vacuum advance

To: Spridget Chat Group <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Vacuum advance
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 13:58:44 -0500
I have an HIF6 carb from a Harley Chopper (all chrome & polish) that I got
cheap on eBay for my 1275 +0.040 engine build.  It has a priming pump and no
vacuum or ventilation take-offs.  I can add take-offs to the carb or the
manifold if necessary.  But I am also considering a 123 distributor ($$$!),
which can be ordered with no vacuum advance and "16 programmed advance curves."

What are your thoughts on the relative merits of vacuum vs. electrical advance
curves for a moderately tricked-out street engine?

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
'60 Sprite kit
Long Island, NY