[Spridgets] Midgiata - quite a story

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Midgiata - quite a story
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 19:57:53 -0800 (PST)
Those of you from way back on the list will remember contributor Tom Speed, a
fountain of Spridget knowledge, particularly of racing Spridgets. Tom was an
exceptional guy who was left paralyzed in a motorcycle accident while riding to
the SCCA Runoffs. I'm not 100% sure, but I seem to remember that his son Will
was on the back of the bike but was unhurt in the accident. In an incredible
story, from his wheelchair Tom led Will (15 years old back then) through a
ground-up build of his own SCCA Spridget. Tom passed away a few years ago, and
Will tragically, unbelievably, had a motorcycle accident and is now paralyzed
from the waist down. Apparently Will inherited his father's grit, and is
building a Spridget with a Miata drivetrain. I'll be following this - you might
want to as well:

http://midgiata.webs.com/apps/blog/

Ron